This week, listen Tuesday night at Midnight (Wednesday @ 12 AM EDT), Friday night at 10:00 EDT, and Sunday night at 9:00 EDT.
The Weekly Feed is a one hour specialty show hosted by Kyle Meredith from the WFPK studios in Louisville, KY. Hear the newest, best, and most discussed tracks making waves on music blogs across the net, all compiled into a mixtape bent on keeping you up-to-date!
Playlist for the Week of 6/9/14: Gary Clark Jr. is the Interview Guest and Henry Rollins plays guest DJ.
I know I make a big deal every week about how good the show is, but there’s something about this week’s lineup. Sometimes, it all lines up where every song has that great, something special. My Brightest Diamond easily has my favorite song this week, but let me also direct your attention to Avi Buffalo, Bishop Allen, and Jenny Lewis. It’s been years since any of those artists had a record out, and all three sound just as good as ever. Tennis pulls out what is possibly their best song yet, and Neko Case & Kelly Hogan sing us a song about the future.
We’ve also got guitar-god, Gary Clark Jr. hanging out as well as the legendary Henry Rollins who plays guest DJ with a Dinosaur Jr. track.
- My Brightest Diamond – Pressure
- Empires – Please Don’t Tell My Lover
- Bishop Allen – Start Again
- Tennis – Never Work For Free
- Jenny Lewis – Just One of the Guys
- Neko Case – These Aren’t the Droids
- Gary Clark Jr. – Bright Lights (feat. Talib Kweli)
- Gary Clark Jr. Interview
- Gary Clark Jr. Blak & Blu (feat. Big Krit)
- JJ – All White Everything
- French For Rabbits – The Other Side
- Henry Rollins Interview
- Dinosaur Jr. – Watch the Corners
- Avi Buffalo – So What