This week, listen Tuesday night at Midnight (Wednesday @ 12 AM EDT), Friday night at 10:00 EDT, and Sunday night at 9:00 EDT.
The Weekly Feed is a one hour specialty show hosted by Kyle Meredith from the WFPK studios in Louisville, KY. Hear the newest, best, and most discussed tracks making waves on music blogs across the net, all compiled into a mixtape bent on keeping you up-to-date!
We continue our Best of 2013 series with part two in the year’s rundown. There is plenty to remember here, including some of our favorite interviews like hanging with Thao & The Get Down Stay Down in Austin, They Might Be Giants comparing themselves to the Rolling Stones, and Michael Kiwanuka recorded in Willie Nelson’s backyard.
And there’s also the soundtrack. Cause ya know, best songs of the year thing.
This serves as part one and not only features the biggest of the big from the first three months of 2013, but also a few choice interviews from that time (which is why a two year old song from Alabama Shakes is also on this show). We hoped you’ve enjoyed the year of music as much as we have. Now dig in!
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky
- Disclosure – When A Fire Starts To Burn
- Thao & The Get Down Stay Down Interview
- Thao & The Get Down Stay Down – City
- Queens of the Stone Age – My God is the Sun
- Jim James – A New Life (Tune-Yards Remix)
- Wax Fang – The Blonde Leading the Blonde
- They Might Be Giants Interview
- They Might Be Giants – You’re On Fire
- Rogue Wave – College
- The XX – Together
- Michael Kiwanuka Interview
- Michael Kiwanuka – Tell Me A Tale
- Laura Marling – Master/Hunter